September 6, 2015

Tuvalu - Week 16

E lei fafetai


Talofa!  Ea mai koutou?  Man it has been a good week again here in Tuvalu.  The work here is moving slowly, but it is definitely moving!  It's been a pretty busy week with all of our investigators and less-active members.  We were able to try and get everyone back on track after a bit of slippage when we were gone.  And for the most part everyone was back on track and progressing!  Until Sunday....when noone came to church haha.  I think Tuvaluans have wayyyy too many funerals and weddings, and they all seem to happen on Sundays!  So that's where most people went instead of coming to church.  But it's all good.  I still love them.  Just not their weddings and funerals.  :)

Other than that this week was really good.  Lots of work and fun stuff going on.  Danny, my recent convert, received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday, which was way exciting!  Man I felt like a proud father haha.  But it will be really exciting watching him pass the sacrament and such!  My other recent convert here in Tuvalu, Fiani, bore one of the best testimonies I've ever heard yesterday!  So I am really glad they are doing good, and I feel really happy when I see them following the path the Savior has for us.

There is some type of flu going around Tuvalu, and Elder Paki and I have been kind of sick all week, so that's been annoying.  Saturday it got pretty bad, and we had to come back to the flat for a little while because we were way sick.  It's been pretty tiring.

One thing I've learned this week is about charity.  We all know that charity is the "pure love of Christ" and we need charity because without it we are nothing.  When I think of that, I realize that we need to try and obtain the love that Christ had for each one of us.  He loved us so much that he bled from every pore and died for us.  That kind of love is incomprehensible!  We can't obtain that by ourselves.  I remember one thing Elder Johansson told me when he was here that charity is a gift from God, and we can only obtain it through prayer.  So I have been working on praying hard for that love of Christ towards all men, especially to the Tuvaluan people.  Through this, I hope to love them the way God would love them.  

Anyways, I love you all and have a good week!

Manuia te aso,


Elder Harris

Making Brooms for Service


This is our house that just us two live in.  The colors are pretty crazy.  Little kids always play in the garage during studies and teach us patience!


No comments:

Post a Comment