October 11, 2015

Tuvalu - Week 21

Papatisoga!

Talofa everyone!  It is great to be able to email today even though the internet is soooo slow.  But it has been a great week here on Tuvalu!  We finally got Soo baptized and confirmed!!!  It was such a good baptism, and I was so happy for her.  It was a really satisfying baptism because I have been working with her ever since I got here to Tuvalu, about 4 1/2 months.  It has been a real struggle for her to get to it, quitting smoking and such, but the smile on her face when she came out of the water was priceless!  She looked so happy!

Afterwards in her testimony the Spirit was so strong and everyone was just so happy!  It was a great day.

To add to the excitement, we have some really good investigators coming along!  Logotau is probably one of the best investigators I have had.  He is really excited about the gospel and loves having us over for lessons!  He is a pretty funny guy.  He is really into country music (really strange for a Tuvaluan) and he has almost every Brad Paisley song ever sung!  He also thinks cowboys are really cool, so I try to pretend that I'm a real cowboy from America.  Ahh man Tuvaluans are so quirky haha!  Our other investigator, Ali, is doing really good and showing his desire to be baptized.  He is one of those guys who everyone loves and knows everybody, so it is really fun to walk with him down the road, and suddenly we are way popular!

We also seem to be popular with all the drunk people here on Tuvalu.  Tuvaluans are really shy, but when they are drunk they forget all about that and come and talk with us.  And for some reason, they all start speaking English when they're drunk!  We have had a lot of funny experiences this week to say the least.

My companion Elder Paki is doing really good!  He's almost got Tuvaluan down and the members love him!  One of his passions is eating sweets, and he knows how to make them himself!  This week he has been making cakes in our microwave and lots of other random sweets.  It's pretty fun, especially when I get to eat them too.

It's hard to believe that I only have a few weeks left here.  I'm not sure that I'll get on that plane willingly when the time comes.

I love the gospel and I love Tuvalu!  Too much happiness!

Tapa too uke a mea ke tusi.  Kaati la tena fua.  Manuia te vaiaso!

Alofa atu,


Elder Harris

Papatisoga a Soo! Elder Harris, Brother Nikko, Soo, Elder Paki

No comments:

Post a Comment