June 14, 2015

Tuvalu - Week 4

Toku kaiga!  

Isa lei this place is an adventure.  As hard as it is, I love it here.  The language is actually coming along!  Slowly.  Very slowly.  But when I look back and realize I've only been here for 2.5 weeks, I can't believe how much I've learned.  That thing we all hear about in church called the gift of tongues???  Yeah it's real.  I don't know how to explain it but I remember things that I study and my mind is quickened as I put in the effort.  It's amazing!  The Lord promises in D&C 90:11 "Every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power."   Funny thing is for this language, Elder Pomate and I are all the Lord has!  So no matter how hard it is, He's going to help us speak.  It's way cool.

Tuvalu is way cool.  On one side you have the open ocean.  The waves are loud (and big!), and the water is a dark rough navy.  It is pretty intimidating when you look out and realize that we are in the middle of a really big ocean.  Haha I feel pretty vulnerable.  On the other hand the lagoon is some of the most peaceful water I've ever seen in my life.  About as clear and turquoise blue as you can get!  Haha lets just say I get distracted a lot!!

This week has been pretty good.  We have a lot of potentials, and hopefully this week will be full of giving baptismal dates so we can get them progressing towards that sacred covenant with their Heavenly Father.  

This week I have been reading a lot from the General Conference Ensign from last conference.  I love the words of our modern day prophet and apostles!!   I got so excited that I dug up all the old ensigns I could find and read them in my spare time.  If there is any scripture that applies specifically to our challenges today, it is General Conference.  Read it!  and then read it again!  I testify that the Lord speaks through His servants.

Alofa atu kia koutou,

Elder Harris


Panoramic of the Island with Elder Pomate

The church rents a bus (more like a big van that barely works) and this is everyone after church

They held a parade event out on the runway for the Queen's birthday







No comments:

Post a Comment