November 1, 2015

Tuvalu - Week 24

The Last Talofa...


Talofa everyone!  I can't believe it but my time on Tuvalu is coming to an end.  Elder Paki and I go back to Fiji on the plane on Thursday.

I really don't want to leave this place that I have come to love so much.  It's going to be really hard.  I'm not sure where I'm going yet in Fiji, but I'm excited to find out (maybe tomorrow).

Definitely the highlight of the week was Logotau's baptism on Saturday.  I've grown so close to him and his family so it was really special for me to baptize him!  He has changed so much from the time I first met him, and it has been a real learning experience for me to see how one person can change and go through conversion!  He gave his testimony afterwards, which to me is always the best part of baptisms, and as usual it was very powerful!  I can tell that he is now a disciple of Jesus Christ and ready to serve him to the end!  I am so thankful to have been a part of it.

Sunday was special.  It was fast and testimony meeting so Brother Niko started off with his testimony and then thanked me for my service, and it almost made me cry!  Our branch president did as well and I had to go bear my testimony afterwards and tell everyone how much I was grateful for them.  Another girl in our branch is moving to New Zealand on Tuesday, so everyone was talking about us two haha it was way embarrassing.  And then after sacrament meeting they made me and the girl stand up in front of the congregation and everyone else stood up and sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again."   It was really nice of them and I was really grateful for that!  I'm gonna miss everyone here a ton!

It's been a long time here in Tuvalu, and most of the time here was pretty hard to be honest.  But I'm grateful for the chance I had to serve here.  I know that it was part of Heavenly Father's plan for me to be here.  I have grown so much and come to love the gospel more than I can explain.  I am sad to leave but I know that He has another place for me to go, so I feel comforted knowing I'm in His hands!

Alofa atu!


Elder Harris


Logotau's Baptism

Logotau and Elder Harris


At the top of the Island
This is Lasalo (Tuvaluan for Lazarus).  
He loves missionaries and 
always comes to talk to us!

This fruit is called pandanus.  In Tuvaluan it is fala.  Kind of tastes like a weird corn thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment