December 6, 2015

Navua - Week 5

Kerea mada e dua na motoka


Bula everyone!
This week was pretty interesting.  Not sure how to explain it....
1. Last Wednesday, we had a mission meeting with Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy.  For those of you who don't know this is the Gifford Nielsen that was quarterback at BYU way back when!  I was a bit star-struck, but then after he started talking I forgot all about football and was amazed at how good of a speaker he is and his knowledge of the gospel!  It was such a good meeting and I have way too many things I learned to write here.  One thing he talked about that hit me was to ''not be restrained'', which came out of Ether 12 when Ether was preaching the gospel.  It really hit me that I need to be that kind of missionary!  Nothing should be able to restrain me from sharing the gospel every second I have out here!  He talked about a lot of other stuff too, and everyone really enjoyed listening to him and his wife.

2. We're getting a car!  In some miraculous way, President decided to give us a car out in Navua.  This is going to be huge for the area, since we walk so much trying to get to appointments.  We found out last week and we raced to the Fijian version of the DMV as fast as we could.

3. Everyone in Fiji decided they want to get their driver's license this week.  So I have to wait a week and a half before I can go and do my driving test.  So I guess we'll be walking a little bit longer.

4. The work in our area is pretty slow right now.  Because of everything mentioned above, we only had 2 days to proselyte.  It's been kind of frustrating to be honest, but luckily this week should have no interruptions.  We're still working really hard with all of our investigators and less-active members!

5. I can't think of anything else, so I guess that sums up my week!  This gospel is so great, and I'm so grateful to be a missionary and have all these great experiences!  I hope everyone remembers to hold on to that iron rod as tight as possible!
Love,

Elder Harris

Walking back from service last week

I found my old companion Elder Pomate!

Mission Tour with Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment