August 7, 2016

Samabula - Week 4

Toso Viti Toso!

Well matavuvale, another week has come and gone.  Totolo saraga!  We had a lot of fun this week doing quite a few different things.  

Well in the beginning of the week we went to a Zone Training Meeting back in my old Suva North Zone!  It was way fun, and my old comp Elder Carlson and Elder Kubera did a great job training everyone.  We had it down in the Lami chapel which brought back a whole lot of memories from when I was in Navua and Lami was in my district!  

On Wednesday we had a training meeting for all the leaders in the Nausori area.  It was good to see all of them and see my old zone doing well!

The next day we had a good 4-hour drive to the Lautoka/Nadi area which is on the west side of the main island.  We spent two days there doing exchanges with the elders and doing another leadership training meeting!  The west is known for being really hot and dry, which I never believed because I mean we are in Fiji!  But the rumors are true!  There's also a significant amount of Indian people in the west; so add that to the dry nature of the terrain and I felt like I was in Afghanistan or something.  But as they say "The West is the best!"  Plus they have a Burger King in Nadi.  So the saying is true.  

Everybody in Fiji is excited for the Olympics!  For the first time ever, Rugby 7s is included in the Olympics, which so happens to be the ONLY sport in which Fiji has a solid chance at winning a gold medal.  They are #1 in the world at 7s, whereas NZ and Australia always dominate at the big-time rugby.  Fiji apparently has never won a medal, so this will be really fun.  Not that we get to watch anyway.....

My favorite part of the week was our baptism yesterday.  It was probably the best baptismal service I have ever been to on my mission.  Sister Rajendra, Bruce, and Joshua were baptized, and then the Sisters had two baptisms as well.  The whole ward showed up and was really supportive!  We even had Elder Johanssen, the Area Seventy who stays in our ward, preside and speak at the end.  It was a very spiritual time and a great experience for all those who were baptized and a few investigators in attendance.  Times like those make me realize how amazing it is to be a missionary!

Love,


Elder Harris

We found the Fiji Water Plant!
Baptism!
I had to..

Elder Condie turned 20.  We had cake with President and Sister Layton.

Suva North ZTM
Burger King!

No comments:

Post a Comment