July 31, 2016

Samabula - Week 3

Bulofa

Bula!

Wow this week went by so quickly!  It's been another busy one here in Samabula.  We had a few meetings, an exchange, a sacrament meeting talk and a lot of fun.

We started out this week by heading out to my previous area, Nausori, where we got to go to a district meeting and have an exchange with the elders there.  I got to go with Elder Lautogia which was basically just moving back three weeks ago for a day!  It was fun to be back in Nausori and see the elders there.

Another big thing we had this week was our Mission Leadership Council which brought in elders and sisters from all over the mission to meet in the mission home with President and Sister Layton.  It was a great meeting and I learned a lot as usual!  Elder Condie and I did a training on Preach My Gospel which was really fun.  We did a trivia game with some pretty hard questions that got everyone a little competitive and excited, and then we ended off spiritual!  It was super fun to be with all the missionaries!

We are having a lot of fun in our area.  Everything is built close together so it's pretty small, but there are so many people here we have no problem seeing lots of people!  We have 3 baptisms scheduled for next Sunday!  Bruce, Sister Rajendra, and Joshua.  We are pretty excited for that.  Also we have started teaching a few Tuvaluans!  We met one family who I spent a lot of time with in Tuvalu but are now here for school.  So I got a few of the kids to come back to church.  And one other investigator who is Tuvaluan but his wife is Fijian so we just speak in English.  My Tuvaluan is pretty weak, but I can still communicate decently.  There's a few other families that we know of that we're going to try and go talk to this week.  

Us and the sisters all talked during sacrament meeting this week.  We were just assigned to speak on General Conference talks so I did "Always Retain a Remission of Your Sins" by Elder Bednar.  President and Sister Layton were both there(pretty rare) so I was a bit nervous, but I think it went okay.  I tried to crack a few jokes but only like 3 people laughed:(  I'll have to work on my humor!  

Love,


Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment