December 11, 2016

Samabula - Week 22

Rui totolo na gauna


Man these weeks are going by too fast!  The work is moving here in Fiji and I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.....white jumpsuits that is in front of a font of water:)  We are working really hard in our area to help people to come unto Christ this Christmas.  

This week we had a zone conference here in Suva, so we didn't have to do any travelling or go anywhere.  It was nice to just focus on our area and our investigators.  We have been bringing our ward mission leader, Brother Nand, out with us to teach, which has been great because he can speak in Hindi.  We've seen a lot of miracles this week.  Mostly we've been focusing on Eta, who is getting excited to be baptized.  She's the only Fijian I've met who religiously drinks coffee, so that was our biggest worry with her because she REALLY liked her coffee.  But she gave it up!  It was a great example to me of repentance and coming unto Christ to be perfected in him.  We are looking to have her baptism right before the end of the year.  Kesa and Efereimi are doing great as well, but just struggling a bit with coming to church.  They were all set to come this week because Efereimi had a day off on Sunday, but when we went to visit the day before, their little baby Meke was so sick.  He had a big boil right on his forehead, and his whole face was swollen.  We were able to give him a blessing, but they weren't able to come the next day because they took him to the hospital.  I feel peace though knowing they're on the right track.  

I mentioned the family last week where the mom had stomach cancer and the father had a stroke.  They are doing a bit better.  The dad is coming home today but he is not able to speak or do anything really.  We went to visit him in the hospital, and while we were there we had a neat experience.  Fijian hospitals are pretty crowded, so they don't have the privacy that you would in America.  So when two missionaries walk in everybody who is there visiting a sick family member is looking at you.   We were just looking at this father because he was sleeping and we didn't want to wake him up, when a random family asked us to bless their ill grandfather.  We went and blessed him, and then another family asked us to bless their father.  After that we met a couple who told us they were members who had been very less-active but wanted to come back, so we were able to contact the missionaries to go and visit them.  It was an intense 30 min period, but it made me wonder what it must have been like for Jesus every day as the multitudes swarmed and asked for him to bless them.  I am grateful to hold that priesthood and to be considered as one sent by Him.

Love you all,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment