April 12, 2015

Somosomo, Taveuni Island - Week 9

E dua tale na macawa sa oti


Ni bula!

It's me again... Hello family, how is everything back home?  I was able to see a couple shots of Utah by watching conference, haha it looked way dry compared to here;)  I bet its getting warmer, turning into summer?  It's still really warm here:)  
This week was pretty good.  We didn't have a ton of lessons/good proselyting time because of a few setbacks, but overall it was good.  
Last week was transfers, so we got two new elders and one new sister here on Taveuni.  They came on Saturday and brought....General Conference!!!   Haha I was way excited; I always took it for granted until I came here and there was no way to watch it.  But since it was Saturday it was too late to round everyone up to watch it, so we thought we were going to have to wait until next week....  But then yesterday, Sunday, we were halfway through church when everyone suddenly decided they wanted to watch conference.  So we canceled Sacrament Meeting and watched conference instead! Haha it was great.
We watched the Sunday Morning Session and then split and watched Priesthood/Women's conference later in the day (they were in English which made me happy:)).  And then they asked us Elders to hold on to the discs until next week, so we watched another session in our free time on our little dvd player in our flat.  So we still have two sessions to watch, but I am glad I was able to see as much as I did!  
Jeffrey R. Holland's was awesome as usual.  It really made me understand the importance of Adam and Eve; without the fall, there is no need for an Atonement.  And Henry B. Eyring's in Priesthood Session was a great reminder to work on developing the skill of relying on the Spirit while in the Lord's service.  That's something I really want to work on.  They were all good though. 
I love the feeling after conference: I was just ready to go out and be super righteous!  Haha it's always a good morale booster for us to keep living the gospel and make any necessary changes.  I know that through conference we can learn the Lord's will for us, through His servants the prophet and apostles.  If you haven't seen all the sessions yet, go watch them!  Don't deny yourself the opportunity of hearing the word of God: you'll never regret it:)  I hope all is well!  Thank you for the prayers and the support, have a great week!
Love,

Elda Harris

Gorgeous Sunsets!

This week we got to go teitei (farm) with the branch president for service.  It was way fun got to plant some dalo/taro (the small trees on the left are cassava/tavioka).

We walked forever to this house and no one was home:(

General Conference Surround Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment