May 17, 2015

Somosomo, Taveuni Island - Week 14

'eitou dau 'ania

Well the weeks are sure flying by down here.  I have now been in Fiji for 3 months, but it has felt much shorter than that!  Tomorrow is transfer calls, and then the moving begins on Thursday.  So we will see whether I stay here in Taveuni or go somewhere else, but since my training is over I will definitely be getting a new companion.  I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I'm excited!  

This week has been pretty normal.  There was a death in Dreketi, one of our main villages, so tons of people were busy!  It was way hard to sit down with people while that was going on, so we kind of stayed in our other villages.  But Fijian funerals last like 4 days, so it messed with church as well.  

We had branch conference this week, and the talks were way on point!  Just everything our branch needed to hear!  Only problem....half the branch was missing  because of the funeral....  Haha gotta love em.  While in branch conference it was announced that we will start to have sacrament meeting at the beginning of the 3 hour block instead of at the end which we usually do.  Apparently this came straight from the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve.  So I am pretty excited about that, because it is going to make people come to church on time!  Haha usually our classes our empty and people just slowly file in until sacrament meeting finally starts.  But now people are going to have to decide....separate the boys from the men!  Haha no it is really good; the Lord is hastening His work.  

After church yesterday we got to go eat at the big lunch they had for the funeral.  Like 200+ people there and I was the only white guy!  Haha it's kind of intimidating, but once I get this language down I'm gonna be Fijian so there will be none of that anymore;)

So this weekend has been the London 7s rugby cup, so lots of people have been talking about it.  But apparently USA won!  Just heard about it.  Elder Hosea and I will probably be singing the national anthem for a few days to rub it in their faces;)

So yeah....I'm running out of things to say.  Thank you all for your support and prayers!  I love you all!  Missionary work is the best!  Choose the right!  Don't follow Satan!

Loloma levu,


Elder Harris


Cool view from up the mountain
Dinner - Parrot Fish
Batman










No comments:

Post a Comment