March 13, 2016

Nausori - Week 1

Sa toki.


Bula vinaka!

It's been a way exciting week down here in Fiji.  Probably the most exciting thing that happened this week was transfers.  I got the call from President Layton and found out that I am going to Nausori!  Nausori is probably the biggest city right outside of Suva.  It sits right on the Rewa River on the east side of Fiji.  So far it's been pretty fun here getting to know the area.  My new companion is named Elder Palelei.  He is Samoan from Australia and this is his last transfer on the mission, so according to the missionary lingo I am "killing him" or I am his last companion.  It's an interesting companionship because Elder Palelei has been a Hindi speaker most of his mission, but now we are in a Fijian area.  Luckily, he's still got really good Fijian from back when he was trained, but I hope I can learn a little bit of Hindi while I am with him.

It was pretty sad leaving Navua, especially the Waqabaca family and the other families in the ward.  I heard that Samu got baptized and that Carmen is getting baptized this week, so I am still glad that was able to happen.  I am super happy that I was able to serve there; I learned so much from all the people there and from my companions.

So my companion and I are over one of the coolest zones in the mission.  We cover everything north of the Rewa river, which is a pretty bush area.  It goes up quite a ways into a place called Korovou and towards Rakiraki.  The top part of our zone was hit pretty hard by the cyclone.  So hopefully we'll get to go and do some service up there.  

We have a truck!  A nice powerful Toyota Hilux which has been way fun driving so far.  
Anyways, I am pretty excited about the new area and the new things I will be doing here.  The work is going good and we are teaching some great families right now.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,


Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment